Prop Optimizer does not use any silicon or wax based products. What it does use is Smart Surface Technology (SST) leveraging a Nano Crystal coating, which at the molecular level, has the ability to fill all the microscopic nicks, scratches, and grooves in your propeller.
Once applied, the coating is 9H in hardness on the Mohs Scale of Hardness (a diamond being 10H) providing a glass-like finish.
This equates to a smooth surface coating that barnacles and other marine organisms cannot attach themselves too, keeping your propeller and shafts clean and free of marine growth.
The Prop Optimizer Kit contains:
|1 Bottle of Glidecoat Surface Wipe, which is used to remove any added contaminants from the prop after preparation (Sanding)
|1 Bottle of Glidecoat Prop Optimizer Solution
|1 Application Sponge
|1 Pair of Protective Gloves
Storage and Usage Instructions
Download the Glidecoat Prop Optimizer Usage Manual.
- Remove any rust, oxidation and marine growth from surface areas to be coated starting with 120 or 150 grit sand paper.
- Go back over areas to be coated with 220 grit sand paper ensuring all areas are sanded including the bevel where the blades attach.
- Using protective gloves, apply Glidecoat Surface Wipe, wiping down all areas of the prop including the bevel and all blades. Repeat as needed to ensure all contaminates are removed from the propeller.
- Once wiped, do not touch the propeller with your bare hands, as it will leave oils on the surface, which will interfere with the coating.
- To apply Glidecoat Prop Optimizer, ensure the temperature is at least 50°F or 10°C. BOTTLE NEEDS TO BE WELL SHAKEN BEFORE USE.
- When the prop is dry from the Surface Wipe, apply a little of the Glidecoat Prop Optimizer to the application sponge and wipe across each blade, applying more Optimizer as needed to fully coat the blade and the bevel.
- After the prop has set for 10-45 minutes or when the prop is dry to the touch, repeat the application process again, going from blade to blade and coating all surface areas. This process will be repeated so that you have a minimum of 3 coats over the entire prop. More coats may be applied, but a minimum of 3 coats should be applied to achieve the desired results.
- To view online Installation Video please visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJYJJgHELaw
- Glidecoat Prop Optimizer has a shelf life of 12 months and is good for 60 days after opening as long as it is kept sealed in either a refrigerator or in a freezer. Keep the bottle closed at all times as air/humidity causes the product to cure.
Please ensure you use a mask, gloves and avoid any contact with eyes, skin and keep away from children.
Disclaimer: Please read the official Glidecoat product disclaimer here.
We guarantee to refund any item you are not completely happy with when you return it to us in sale-able condition within 14 days of receipt. When issuing a refund we will need to see proof of your original purchase. Refunds will be credited to your original method of payment.
For safety reasons we cannot offer refunds on products that have been opened or used, unless they are faulty or unfit for purpose. Please note, if you purchased our products through another reseller, you will need to return the products to the original place you purchased them.
How do I make a return?
Returns are simple and easy. If you need to return an item simply send the product(s), a letter as to why you are returning the products (please include contact details) and your original proof of purchase to:
1560 Latham Rd. Unit 5
West Palm Beach, FL
What about my delivery charge?
If we have made a mistake on an item sent to you or it is faulty, damaged, of unsatisfactory quality, we will refund the delivery charges you have paid to receive that item, unless it was sent to you with other items which you are not returning.
Glidecoat a division of Onan Technologies Inc.’s maximum liability for or with respect to any
damages of any kind to any person, property or otherwise, caused to any Customer or any other
person as a result of or with respect to any proven breach of any express or implied warranty with
respect to any Product; misrepresentation with respect to any Product; Product error, failure or
malfunction; formula, engineering or design error; manufacturing or packaging error; labelling
error; Product failure to perform; or any other act or omission of any kind whatsoever with respect
to any Product, shall be limited the price paid by the Customer for the Product at the time of
original purchase (not including shipping, handling, sales taxes or installation services); and
Product purchase price refund shall be Customer’s only claim or remedy arising therefrom. IN
ADDITION TO AND WITHOUT LIMITATION OF THE FOREGOING, GLIDECOAT SHALL NOT BE
LIABLE UNDER ANY RULE OR THEORY OF LAW TO ANY CUSTOMER OR ANY OTHER PERSON
FOR (A) INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES
OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF REVENUES, LOSS OF PROFITS,
LOSS OF BUSINESS, OR OTHER ECONOMIC DAMAGES, OR (B) ERRORS MADE IN THE
HANDLING, STORAGE OR INSTALLATION OR APPLICATION OF ANY PRODUCT, REGARDLESS
OF WHETHER ONAN WAS ADVISED OF, KNEW OR OUGHT TO HAVE KNOWN OF THE
POSSIBILITY OR RISK OF SUCH LOSSES OR DAMAGES.