Nautical Ventures reached out to us to restore a used 26′ Hurricane boat located in Dania Beach, FL. This 26' Hurricane was one of Nautical Ventures consignment boats that had been sitting on their lot for over a year. Due to a lackluster appearance, this boat was not selling. A few short weeks after the completion of the Glidecoat Top Coating Kit application, this boat finally sold! Undoubtedly it was due to the greatly improved gloss and shine provided by Glidecoat's ceramic coating.
- Restore showroom finish on the boat (remove oxidation, surface scratches and apply Glidecoat Top Coating Kit to prolong the showroom finish)
- Enhance the appearance of the boat to help Nautical Ventures sell to potential boat buyer
- Record the process of applying Glidecoat (before and after, record the steps, show gloss meter readings and address commonly asked questions)
- Boat Type:
- 2011 Hurricane 26'
- Gloss Meter Reading Before:
- Gloss Meter Reading After Glidecoat Application:
Selling a used boat can be a tough task, especially when the boat is not in good shape. Both the owner of the boat and Nautical Ventures were motivated to sell this 26' Hurricane, and that's where Glidecoat comes in! The challenge was to take this 2011 Hurricane and restore showroom finish with glossy finish.
In the video below, Eric Brandon, Sales Executive at Nautical Ventures and co-host of the The Weekly Fisherman Show interviews Christian Westhorpe, lead technician at Glidecoat on the process of applying the Top Coating Kit as they covered the following topics;
- Demonstrate the entire process of preparing and applying the Top Coating Kit
- The products included in the Top Coating Kit
- Address commonly asked questions about Glidecoat and the application process (hint: Why the level of preparation?)
- Why we use a gloss meter to measure the before and after on a boat